Friday 9 January 2009

Game Technology

In my opinion game technology should only be upgraded when Nintendo makes the leap first. Let Nintendo take the risks. Why not? Why risk a flop when Nintendo can do it for you. I love the layout and simplicity of the XBOX 360 controller. I think it is perfect for the market and games that exist at the moment. But the people buying new consoles and games are always looking for something that’s better, something that’s new. I thought ‘Red Steel’ was an awesome game. The Wii’s new control system gives you the feeling you’re actually holding a gun, swaying it as you move. But the game is let down by bad game play.

The Wii took a brave new move, by introducing a new control system. Anything could have happened. ‘Wii sports’ was the first game that my older relatives actually played. They loved it. It was a surreal sight, seeing my auntie swing a Wii remote around.

I’m looking forward to seeing the next step. What are Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony going to bring out next?

I put allot of thought into what I personally want from a controller, taking into consideration what experiences I have had in the past, I designed my own controller:

No comments: