Tuesday 6 January 2009

Nooooooooooo Splat...

After Reading about New Games Journalism I thought I would give a short ‘’review’’ of a game called ‘Mirrors Edge’. So here I go:
I arrived at my mates flat with my TV and Xbox, ready to show off my skills in Mirrors Edge to my mates. They were all there but not doing much. I set everything up and started to play. After about 5 minutes the room was glued to the TV screen.
It was a massive jump in front of me! I ran along the vent, did a short wall run and then dived across a massive gap, only to miss the roof I was aiming for!! I knew what was coming as I started to fall to my death. So I put the controller down, put my arm in front of my face and flinched, uttering a little cry of dismay. Ben laughed and said ‘’what was that?’’. I was slightly embarrassed ‘’sorry, I got a bit carried away there’’, I said. ‘’It’s just a game’’, he said. ‘’Year, but it’s really good. Never have I been so immersed in a game before! When you play you actually feel a relationship between you and the character’’, I argued. ‘’Matt’s in love with a computer game character’’ Yogi said. Ben laughs. ‘’No I just don’t like to see her die’’ I argued. Then in my defence I said ‘’the other day I was playing Test Drive: Unlimited and I was driving along at like 200 miles an hour and missed a turn and started heading for a tree. And then I dropped the controller and crossed my arms over my face and screamed’’. That got a laugh from everyone in the room. I had successfully escaped everyone finding out about my secret love for a video games character (jokes).

No comments: